Launched in 2005 AOL mail is the free web-based mail service provided by AOL, a division of Verizon Communications. The service is sometimes referred to as AIM Mail where “AIM” which means AOL Instant Messenger. This was one of the oldest email services that was launched and was used worldwide. AOL Mail differs from the tradition AOL email service as an e-mail program that doesn’t require special software, and it’s easily available for to anyone and not just AOL subscribers and also comes free of cost.
The all new AOL Mail has many advantages over the older version of company’s email as it can work like any other Webmail programs, and easily and conveniently runs over the Internet using standard Web browsers that are available nowadays like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc. Accessibility is as easy as any chrome email and AOL Mail users simply go to mail.aol.com, enter their login information and start sending e-mails. We will discuss the points to easily sign up in detail later on.
On March 16, 2017, Verizon the mother company of AOL mails announced that it will, from now onwards, discontinue its in-house email services for internet subscribers, and migrate to all customer based mail.
Features of the AOL Mail:
Easy Tools with Faster Speed
It attaches the email attachment at a faster speed than any other free email service provider. Although it comes with less number of tools compared to other service providers; the tool that is present is easy to use and much more convenient. For example, you can directly import social media contacts to your email address.
It has unlimited access to your inbox that means you do not have to keep on deleting your mails to make the space. This makes the organization of the inbox much more convenient. You can also upload multiple files at one go. Thumbnail of the attachment is seen while sending the attachment. It has a maximum attachment limit with low average attachment time.
POP3, SMTP, IMAP are supported. It also Supports SSL/HTTPS after login.
Linking of the sender and receiver conversation
All messages between you and the receiver are security encrypted and are grouped together so that the conversation can be read at the convenience of the chronological order, which means no need to open up the individual message to access the communication.
It comes with loaded features like Virus protection, Spelling checker, unsent email capability and response time feature as well.
AOL Mail Sign up & Login – Create aolmail.com Account
Step-by-step Guide for AOL Sign Up
Setting up your AOL account is a very easy task. If you have not yet registered with AOL or using AOL mail for the first time, then you will have to sign up for an AOL account. This can be easily done at the AOL website. There are two main ways through which you can set up your account.
- First, go to aol.com and click sign up / login on the main menu page. This will, in turn, redirect you to the registration or sign up the page in the next step.
- You can also sign up in the mail by directly typing mail.aol.com in your computer’s browser page and follow the given instructions for registering by clicking ‘sign up for a free account’. This will, in turn, direct you to the account registration page that will be used to create your AOL mail account.
- When you are redirected to the registration page, certain information needs to be filled in the account form. Enter your specific details like: –
Aolmail Sign Up
First & Last Name, next you need to fill Username and Password, Zip code of your area, then the Date of Birth and then the Secret Question, which acts as the security code in case you forget your password.
- After you have correctly entered all required data by filling up the form, check the terms and conditions’ acceptance box as ‘Yes’ and then enter submit.
- Now your new AOL account is set up in a few seconds and you will be directed to the confirmation page displaying your account details and is ready to use. Your new AOL mail account is ready to use that can be accessed conveniently by using the username/password that has been mentioned while registration.
- You can change your password at any point in time by accessing the account settings in your inbox. As a security concern, it is advisable to change your account password every ninety days to keep your mail secure.
Aol Mail Login Procedure
The Login process is easy once you sign up to the account. All you need to do is visit the official AOL website and then type in user ID and password. Then tap on the sign in button. This will navigate you to the dashboard of that website. You can easily use the site for internet access now.