Normal is so passe nowadays. Bling is in. The same attitude is reflected not just in clothes or attitude but also in WhatsApp. So, if you want to add the extra bling to your WhatsApp wallpaper, then continue to read further. Here is the complete guide on how to change whatsapp chat background wallpaper.
How to Change Whatsapp Chat Background Wallpaper
- Open a new or an existing WhatsApp Chat. From there, click on the ‘More’ icon, which is at the top right corner (three dots icon).
- Select the option ‘Wallpaper.’
- If plain colors are required, then select the option ‘Solid color’. Choose the required color of your choice and then click on ‘Set.’ The background color will change. The background color will change to help you decide before clicking the ‘Set’ option by swiping.
- For having an image as a background, follow the first two (i & ii) steps as detailed above. And then go to Gallery. Select the desired image from the Gallery and click on the ‘Set’ option. To zoom out, pinch and double-tap to zoom in on an image.
WhatsApp options go a step further. There is a fantastic collection of WhatsApp chat background wallpaper in the Playstore. However, for this, the WhatsApp Wallpaper collection app needs to be installed. For this, Open the existing chat or a new one. Click on the ‘More’ icon and go to ‘Wallpaper.’ Then to ‘Wallpaper Library’ and click on ‘OK.’ This action will automatically redirect you to the Play store’s WhatsApp wallpaper collection app.
- Open WhatsApp and go to Chats. Tap on the ‘More’ icon (three dots) on the top-right corner.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and then tap on ‘Chats’ and then on ‘Wallpaper.’
- Follow the steps as detailed in Method 1.
There is also a provision to set custom WhatsApp chat background Wallpaper for each chat. There is no limit, and it conforms to your system theme that is either light or dark mode. For this option, first, ensure that the latest version of WhatsApp is installed on your device. Then the steps to do are:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the desired Chat window.
- Now click on the three-dots menu on the top-right and then select ‘Wallpaper.’
- Select the ‘Change’ button and then select the desired wallpaper. After that, click on ‘Set wallpaper’ and select the option ‘For this Chat – (Chat name).’ Finally, click on ‘OK.’
This process should be repeated for all the other chats that you want to change the wallpaper. The visibility, brightness, etc., can be adjusted from the ‘Wallpaper Dimming Slider’ option, which is at the bottom.
Change Whatsapp Chat Background wallpaper on Whatsapp web
Nowadays, due to work-from-home situations, many spend a lot of time on their computers. So, WhatsApp has a computer-based extension called WhatsApp Web wherein the mobile device is synchronized with the computer. Most of the features which are available for mobile devices are available for the computer as well. In line with this topic, yes, it is possible to change the whatsapp chat background wallpaper for WhatsApp web. The steps are:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your computer by going to web.whatsapp.com and scan the QR code on your mobile.
- Click the three-dot menu next to the profile picture and go to ‘Settings.’
- Next, tap on ‘chat Wallpaper’ and select your desired wallpaper.
That is all. Please note that the wallpaper will appear when in conversation only and not on the WhatsApp home interface. You can make the changes to the wallpaper whenever you want, and the WhatsApp Web wallpaper will not affect your WhatsApp mobile settings.
Changing the wallpaper on WhatsApp is very simple and does not require internet. So chose some vibrant colors or great photos to brighten up your day. As seen from the steps above, it is easy, simple, and swift.