Hotmail.com login & Sign up: Email is the most trusted and formal way of communication all over the world. With the development of innovative technology, many webmail services are available nowadays in the world of web. Traditionally, email used to the only source of communication through the internet back in the 90s.
At that time, getting a free email service used to be a big deal. As there are not many companies who provide free webmail services to internet users. Among the few oldest free email services, Hotmail is one of the most popular webmail that is used by most of the people around the world. It was first launched in the year 1996, later acquired by Microsoft in 1997. Here is the Hotmail.com Login step by step process on how to signup for Hotmail account.
Hotmail Account Signup & Login
Hotmail free email service was founded by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia first in the year 1996, Later it was acquired by Microsoft in the year 1997. The webmail service can be accessed by any web browser globally. Hotmail was revamped in the year 2012 and renamed as Outlook.com. By signing into the outlook, the user can be redirected to all the Microsoft accounts including Skype, OneDrive, Outlook, MSN, etc. initially, free Hotmail account users are provided with several features, after revamping Outlook has upgraded the features of this Microsoft account considerably for easy login & signup for our hotmail accounts.
Features of Hotmail
Following are the initial free Hotmail account features:
- Virus scanning feature along with spam filters.
- Storage space up to 250 MB.
- Can save contact list in the account.
- Have a schedule calendar.
- Free live messenger.
- The maximum file size is up to 10MB.
- Has a simple layout.
- Do not have IMAP access.
- After renamed as outlook.com in the year 2012. The features are upgraded significantly.
Features of Outlook
Features of outlook are as follows:
- Unlimited storage space.
- In-built search as well as spam filtering.
- Can link to many different accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and Skype.
- User-friendly interface.
- The webmail is accessed in every browser..
www.Hotmail.com Sign Up Process
- First, open the browser on which you access the internet.
- Access to Hotmail signup page.
- Click on the signup option.
- In sign up form, you have to enter your details such as name, email address, date of birth, etc.
- For Hotmail account, you have to choose, hotmail.com.
- Enter a captcha code, then click on I Agree on the button to all the terms and conditions you will redirect to a page where you can find create account option.
- Your new account is created on Hotmail.
Steps for Outlook signup
- Open your browser to access the internet.
- Go to Outlook signup page, where you will find a sign-in option.
- Click on sign up option; you will find options for windows live ID.
- Choose @outlook.com for Outlook ID.
- Choose an email ID, and then enter all the details required in the spaces.
- Create a unique password for your account.
- Then accept the term and condition by clicking on I accept the option.
- Then click on the create account option.
- Your account is created on Microsoft outlook.
While creating your account, you have to take care of certain things such as creating the username and password of the account. Make sure; you create a password that includes numeric, alphabets, and special characters. Do not keep an easy password like your phone number or your name. For the security of your email account, you have to keep a strong password. As the outlook account is linked to other Microsoft accounts, optimum security of the account is needed. If your account is used for business purpose. Never share your password with anybody else. The password should be created with a unique combination which you can remember wisely.
After creating the account on Hotmail, you have to login into the account for accessing the mail. Following is the login process of Hotmail
- Open the browser and access to Hotmail login page.
- You will find spaces for entering the login credentials on the page.
- Enter your username and password for the account, and then click on the login option.
- If your login credentials are correct, you will be redirected to your Hotmail account.
Now, you can signup & login into your Hotmail / outlook account through following the same login process. You just have a changed domain name for Microsoft outlook account that is @outlook.com. Well, if you have forgotten the password of your Hotmail or Microsoft outlook, you can click on forgot password option on the login page. You can enter the alternative email id for the link or get a verification code on your phone for changing the password.
Password recovery process in hotmail.com login
- Open the Hotmail.com login page and go to the password help page.
- Click on the problem with my password option.
- Then enter your Hotmail username in the given space.
- Click on the next option.
- Then you will get a verification code in your phone or a link at the secondary email.
- You can change your password by clicking on the link to set a new password.
- You can also change the password by entering the verification code.
The process of password recovery is the same for Microsoft outlook also. Mall your Microsoft accounts are linked to the email account, so, it is wise to change your password frequently. You can maintain optimum safety by changing the email password frequently.
Also Check : First Progress Credit Card Login
The free email service with unlimited storage space is an integral part of every internet user. Though there are many free webmail service providers in all over the world, Microsoft is one of the topmost trusted company globally. Additionally, there are millions of Hotmail users in the world due to its flexibility and versatility. After Microsoft revamped Hotmail, it is renamed as an outlook. The services and features of the mail service are upgraded considerably with innovative technology. Therefore, the number of users of the email service is increasing day by day. If you want to have a new email account with this webmail, can follow these simple steps to enjoy a whole new browsing experience.