Aol Mail Account Recovery: AOL is a free email service provided by Verizon Communications. AOL was acquired by Verizon Communications in the year 2015. AOL was one of the early pioneers of the Internet in the mid-1990s, and the most recognized brand on the web in the U.S. It originally provided a dial-up service to millions of Americans, as well as providing a web portal, e-mail and instant messaging. AOL is a popular free email service still used by millions of people all over the world.
Aol mail has a significant name in the users. AOL has great features. Hence it has a considerable number of users even today. Now Aol is a part of Verizon communications which is a subsidiary of Oath.
Many people like to use AOL Mail as their primary since it has extensive features. Many people do not know, how to sign up for AOL mail, how to login to AOL mail and few are unaware of AOL mail features. Hence I have decided to write a detailed guide on them. So, first of all, let’s have a look the features of AOL mail.
How to Reset AOL Mail password
Many AOL mail users ask me, how do I reset my AOL password. They’ve lost their password, and they don’t know how to retrieve their AOL mail. So additionally i am adding this guide.
In order to reset your AOL mail password, do follow the below steps carefully.
- First of all sign into your AOL mail following above steps.
- During AOL Mail Sign in, you can see an option “forgot your password?”.
- Simply click on that option
- Now, you’ll be taken to a page, where you’ll be asked to answer the security question, which you’ve added during AOL Mail Sign up.
- If you remember the answer to security question, simply answer the password, and follow the next steps. In case, if you forgot the answer to security question, then select more options.
- Now you’ll be asked to verify the mobile number. If you select this option, then you’ll get a One Time Password on your registered mobile number, which you’ve used during AOL Mail Sign up.
- Enter the OTP and verify your mobile number.
- If you don’t have the registered mobile number with you, then you can choose verification through alternative email address which you’ve provided during sign up.
- You’ll get a confirmation link to your alternative email address, to prove that account belongs to you.
- After that, you’ll be taken to a page where you can enter your new password.
This way you can reset your AOL Mail password. If you face any issue, feel free to comment below or contact us.
Points to remember:
- If the registered AOL mail is inactive for 90 days, then you email gets deactivated automatically.
- At this point, people cannot send you any emails. Even if they send any mail to you, they get back to them!
- After 180 days of inactivity, your account gets deleted. And someone will have the authorization to use your username after 180 days of Inactivity